Media Advisory: MBA students will vie for cash prizes at inaugural UB case competition
Monday, February 26, 2018
BUFFALO, N.Y. — MBA students from across the country will come to Buffalo to compete for more than $10,000 in prize money at the inaugural University at Buffalo MBA Case Competition, hosted by the University at Buffalo School of Management and sponsored by Dun & Bradstreet.
What: Finalists were selected based on the quality of their written case analysis of a real-world business problem and have been invited to present their solution to panel of executive judges. The first-place team will receive $5,000, second place will receive $3,000 and third place will receive $2,000. In addition, the top two individual presenters will receive $250.
Ten finalist teams of full-time MBA students, representing the following colleges and universities:
- Baruch College Zicklin School of Business
- Drexel University LeBow College of Business
- Northeastern University D’Amore-McKim School of Business
- Rochester Institute of Technology Saunders College of Business (2 teams)
- Texas Christian University Neely School of Business
- University at Buffalo School of Management (3 teams)
- University of Illinois Gies College of Business
When: 3-5 p.m. on March 3
Where: UB Center for the Arts on the University at Buffalo North Campus
Media Opportunities: Members of the media are invited to capture audio, photos and video during the final rounds from 3-5 p.m. or at the awards reception immediately following.