Tell us about your organization and your current initiatives. What sets CPS apart from others?
- This industry has a lot of turnover; however, we are fortunate to have a very tenured team in place for both our direct hire recruiting team as well as our temp and temp to hire team. Additionally, unlike other staffing agencies, our recruiters are industry specific and highly knowledgeable. This structure allows them to build and maintain a steady pipeline of qualified candidates enabling us to provide our clients with qualified candidates faster than the competition.
What is your geographic footprint and what industry segments do you deal with?
- Our corporate office is in Syracuse with satellite offices in Destiny USA, The Finger Lakes Region, Albany, and New Hartford. We work with clients from Buffalo to Albany and their nationwide subsidiaries.
- Our recruiters specialize in the following areas:
- Light Industrial/Manufacturing
- Call Centers
- Customer Service
- Government Contract
- Healthcare – [clinical and non-clinical roles]
- Human Resources
- Supply Chain
What resources are available for people through CPS? How would prospective employers or employees connect with you?
- On top of our core services we offer a number of resources on our website for both prospective Job Seekers, and Companies on how to succeed in today’s market. The link is here.
- Our resource center includes any number of topics ranging from – interview/resume preparation, Affordable Care Act, retention, and how to most effectively partner with staffing firms.
- In addition, we provide market specific salary research, Supply and Demand reports for our clients to better position them to be competitive in the market to secure the best of the best. Also, we are happy to sit with our clients and prepare a personalized talent evaluation of their company enabling our clients to plan their hiring needs for the future.
- For additional information you can contact Nate Desimone, Director of Sales at email@example.com.
What do you see as the biggest challenge facing recruitment and retention in the workplace?
- Without a doubt the biggest challenge right now is the available talent pool, this covers all industries from skilled labor positions, clinical healthcare workers along with highly specialized technical positions. It’s not isolated to New York State, but there are definitely some hurdles when it comes to relocating candidates to New York. We are proud that our Sales Director Nate Desimone is a part of a taskforce working with local and state officials on creative strategies to attract talented people of all types to the Empire State!
- Retention is a full-time job! Employers must embrace their staff, show appreciation, promote from within when possible, provide a good wage/benefits and have fun at work. It is an employee market and is way too easy for your staff to find greener pastures so-- make sure you communicate your commitment to them.
What is in the upcoming pipeline for your organization? Where is your focus?
- Our focus right now is to continue to service our existing clients at the highest level, continue to grow and expand our clinical healthcare staffing division and to focus our growth in Rochester, Buffalo, and Albany