We are here
to help our bio/med members and friends navigate as we move into the next phase. Below is a compiled list of resources to mitigate the challenges that lie ahead. Join us as we Propel New York Forward through these difficult times.
'Propelling New York Forward' Recordings:
- 'Understanding the Testing Challenge' with guest: Palani Palaniappan, Chief Innovation Officer, Ortho Clincial Diagnostics
- 'Risk Mitigation Strategies for COVID-19' with guests: Larry Gilroy, CEO, Gilroy Kernan and Gilroy and Tony Piazza, Partner, Barclay Damon - View PPT here
- 'Moving from New York Pause to New York Forward' with guest: Matt Watson, Senior Vice President of Empire State Development’s Division of Science, Technology & Innovation
- 'Bringing Our Hospitals Back' with guest: Dr. Robert Corona, CEO of SUNY Upstate Medical University Hospital
- 'Reigniting the Academic Research Enterprise' with guest: Dr. Venu Govindaraju, Vice President for Research and Economic Development at the University at Buffalo
- 'Liability & Immunity in the Age of Coronavirus' with guest: Linda Clark, Partner at Barclay Damon - View PPT here
- 'Retooling Manufacturing for the Next Challenge' with guest: Randy Wolken, CEO of MACNY – The Manufacturers Association
- 'The Impact of Pandemic on Testing and Treatment of Infectious Diseases' with guest: Dr. Stephen Thomas, Division Chief of Infectious Diseases at SUNY Upstate Medical University
- 'Building a Safe Manufacturing Environment' with guest: Jim Clemmer, President & CEO at AngioDynamics
- 'Advancing Student Led Innovation' with guest: Linda Dickerson Hartsock, Executive Director of the Blackstone LaunchPad at Syracuse University.
- 'Pandemic in the Land of Plenty' with guest: Les Roberts, Epidemiologist at Columbia University.
- Click here to view upcoming episodes.
Latest from New York State:
- Click here for the latest orders and guidance from the Office of Governor Andrew M. Cuomo
General Business Resources:
- 'The Essential Guide to Coronavirus Government Funding' from G2G Consulting
- New York Reopening Plan from Governor Cuomo
- AdvaMed COVID-19 Resource Center
- Disaster Recovery Active Declarations from Department of Homeland Security and Emergency Services
- 'UK Exiting the EU (Brexit): Impact to Conformity Assessment' - Session 1 from Intertek
- 'UK Exiting the EU (Brexit): Impact to Conformity Assessment' - Session 2 from Intertek
- Coronavirus Treatment Acceleration Program (CTAP) from FDA
- Gilroy Kernan & Gilroy Business Resources
- 'Government Funding Webinar' from G2G Consulting
- The Business Council of New York Resource Guide
- Comprehensive and Updated FAQs for Employers
- Forms, Templates, and Other Documents
- 'Federal Families First Coronavirus Response Act' from GKG & Barclay Damon
- 'New York State COVID-19 Sick Leave and Paid Family Leave' from GKG & Barclay Damon
- 'State and Federal WARN Act Considerations Amid COVID-19' from Barclay Damon
- 'Understanding the Federal Families First Paid Sick and Emergency Leave Acts’ from Barclay Damon
- 'NYS's COVID-19 Sick Leave Act and Mandatory Workforce Reductions’ from Barclay Damon
- ‘Coronavirus and the Workplace’ from Barclay Damon
- Ventilator Production: Introductory Guide to Regulatory Requirements from Intertek
- 'COVID-19 Manufacturing Webinars' from New York Manufacturing Partnership Extension (MEP)
- Guidelines for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Nasal swab guidance for COVID-19 test kits
- FDA's new guidance that allows more manufacturers to make ventilators
- COVID-19 Resources for Manufacturers
- Innovate to Ventilate
- SBA Disaster Loan Assistance Application
- 'Understanding the Application Process for Federal Stimulus Programs'
- The Small Business Owner's Guide to the CARES Act
- MedTech signed on to a letter urging the US Treasury and the Small Business Administration to clarify language to permit small businesses and startups to participate in part of the CARES act. View the letter.
- 'Small Businesses Disaster Relief Program Webinar' from The Bonadio Group
- US Small Business Administration COVID-19 Guidance and Loan Resources
If you have a resource to share, please email Joe Hunter, Marketing & Communications Coordinator.