UB Cultivator Early-Stage Startup Program
Your startup might change the world—but not if your product or service isn’t sellable. We’ll give you early help to validate its market potential.
Get a good start on your startup with the UB Cultivator, a cohort-based program that guides entrepreneurs to success through mentorship, tailored support and early-stage funding.
How it works
We work with your team in an intensive, hybrid format—virtual and in person—giving you the right guidance and funding at the right time.
Phase 1: Connect with experts, focus on early risk identification
First 3 months – can be virtual or in-person
Your team will participate with a cohort of like-minded entrepreneurs and learn from experts and mentors, who will give you strategic, hands-on guidance suited to your early-stage venture. We’ll work with your team to identify and rectify risks in the areas of:
- Market and customer discovery
- Value proposition
- Product definition
- Team development
- Business strategy
At the end of Phase 1, all teams are evaluated and provided with feedback. Select groups receive funding and move on to Phase 2.
Phase 2: Startup funding and strategy development
Next 6 months – can be virtual or in-person
Selected teams from Phase 1 receive an investment up to $100,000 and move on to Phase 2, where we’ll help you with:
- Critical gap funding for product/market validation
- Investor connections
- Free incubation space
- Networking and customer connections
- Minimum Viable Product development
- Strategic guidance and business strategy
Why participate in the UB Cultivator?
We help you build a customized path to success through:
- Early-stage funding
- Cohort of innovative entrepreneurs
- Networking and connections
- Early risk identification
- Market discovery
- Customer discovery
- Strategic guidance and business strategy from experienced entrepreneurs
- A deep bench of mentors, entrepreneurs-in-residence, and subject-matter experts
- Fundraising preparation
- Investor connections
- Customer connections
- Preparation and execution for revenue generation
Who should participate?
We help early stage startups that:
- Will likely achieve medium to high growth
- Will create a presence in Western New York for Phase 2
- Will form a connection to UB or Innovation Hub Partners — Hauptman Woodward, Jacobs Institute, Kaleida Health, Roswell Park
If you have questions about the program or your participation, please inquire.
Space is limited. First come, first served.
Don't delay - applications close November 15th 2021.