Member MeetUp at SUNY Upstate Medical UniversityAdd to calendar
Thursday, February 15, 2018
1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Location: Syracuse, NY
Join your fellow members for an in-depth look at the Institute for Human Performance at SUNY Upstate Medical University, a rehabilitation center offering occupational and physical therapy, aquatics, cardio rehabilitation, burn rehabilitation, concussion therapy, and neuropsychology assessment.
1:00 pm – Member arrival and registration followed by a welcome by Win Thurlow
1:20 pm – Quadrant Biosciences and Upstate Concussion Management Program
- Richard Uhlig, Chief Executive Officer, Quadrant BioSciences,Inc.
- Quadrant Biosciences is an embedded “spin-in” business within the Institute for Human Performance. Quadrant Biosciences works with top academic institutions, medical researchers and engineers to translate breakthrough findings into thoughfully developed and scientifically sound assessment applications.
2:20 pm – Center for Global Health and Translational Science
- Mark Polhemus, MD, Director, Center for Global Health & Translational Science
- The Center for Global Health and Translational Science is a research center focused on diseases of the developing world. It incorporates the efforts and programs of both basic science researchers and clinical investigators across the entire continuum of translational research. This Center has partnerships with industry, academic institutions, and philanthropists; raises research funds; conducts novel research and develops new diagnostics, drugs, and vaccines
3:20 pm – Institute for Human Performance Tour
- Barry E. Knox, Ph.D., Professor and Chair, Neuroscience & Physiology, Professor, Ophthalmology, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Neuroscience Research Building (NRB)
- Richard Uhlig and Dr. Brian Rieger, Ph.D., Chief Psychologist & Clinical Assistant Professor, Director, Upstate Concussion Center, Dept. of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, Concussion Management Program
4:30 pm – Reception
Institute for Human Performance
SUNY Upstate Medical University
505 Irving Ave., Syracuse, NY 13210
4th Floor Conference Room, Neurosciences Building
MedTech Members only, please. $35 per person.
Please note that registration closes on Monday, Feb. 12, 2018