MedTechIDEAS Summit - Ensuring Patient Access in a Value-Based EnvironmentAdd to calendar
Presented By: MedTech Association
Monday, June 10, 2019
11:30 am – 5:30 pm
Location: Regeneron Pharmaceuticals | Tarrytown, NY
On June 10, 2019, we held our third MedTechIDEAS Summit at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals' global headquarters in Tarrytown, NY. It was a day full of connections, value, and thought-provoking content. John Overton, VP of Sequencing & Lab Operations at Regeneron's Genetics Center, outlined the details of what role Regeneron is playing in genetics and drug development. Jason Helgerson provided insight into the future of healthcare and where we are headed regarding a value-based payment system. The startup companies that pitched came prepared and all of the presentations were extremely compelling. The day concluded with one of our ever-popular networking receptions where connections were forged and solidified for those in the room. Check below for the day's agenda and some photo highlights of the day.
Bringing your healthcare breakthrough to market in our evolving value-based environment is a daunting challenge. Join us at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, a world-leader in pharmaceutical innovation, for a value-packed day focusing on best practices for product acceptance and utilization. The day will feature:
- A keynote address by Jason Helgerson, CEO of Helgerson Solutions Group. Formerly the Executive Director of New York’s Medicaid Redesign Team, Mr. Helgerson is a recognized leader in helping companies improve health and social care outcomes while delivering care cost-effectively.
- A fireside chat with John Overton, Vice President of Sequencing & Lab Operations at the Regeneron Genetics Center interviewed by Mario Nacinovich, Managing Partner, AXON. Learn how Regeneron has built one of the world’s most comprehensive genetics databases and how this project is revolutionizing drug development.
- A presentation from Ellen Miller Sonet, Chief Strategy and Policy Officer at CancerCare, the leading national organization providing free, professional support services and information to help people manage the emotional, practical, and financial challenges of cancer
- A presentation from Sara Payne, Cannabis Team Leader & Counsel, Barclay Damon, LLP. Ms. Payne counsels clients impacted by medical cannabis, adult-use cannabis, and industrial hemp issues.
- A pitch session with the entrepreneurs behind the following companies primed for licensing and/or acquisition:
- Ophidion, a biopharmaceutical company focusing on neurodegenerative diseases including Alzheimer’s and Huntington’s diseases.
- Hememics Biotechnologies, a fast-growing startup that has developed an immune-based device to rapidly detect infectious disease pathogens.
- DeepLook, an innovative imaging technology company that uses artificial intelligence to visualize tumors in dense breast tissue.
- Otomagnetics, a needleless drug delivery system that uses magnets to treat Macular Degeneration and Tinnitus.
- Glauconix Inc., a specialty pharma research company that uses an innovative platform technology to reduce the cost of ophthalmic drug development.
- One of MedTech’s popular networking receptions to meet and connect with colleagues and potential partners.
Don’t miss out on this exciting and valuable day.
Discounted ticket prices available when you purchase more than 1 ticket!
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS