MedTech Annual Awards Dinner & Conference 2022Add to calendar
Tuesday, November 1, 2022 - Wednesday, November 2, 2022
Location: Albany Capital Center - 55 Eagle Street, Albany, NY 12207
On November 1st we celebrated the 2022 MedTech award winners at our annual dinner and honors ceremony. The following day was full of educational content, roundtable discussions and networking opportunities.
Congratulations to this year's honorees!
- Industry Pioneer
- Outstanding Contribution to the Bio/Med Industry
- Project of the Year
- Distinguished Achievement in Clinical Research
- Distinguished Achievement in Life Sciences Education
- Ecosystem Partner
- Economic Development Superstar
- Bio/Med Catalyst
- Newcomer of the Year
Thank you to our sponsors for their ongoing support of MedTech Association
and the bio/med industry!
Tuesday, November 1, 2022
5:30 – 6:30 pm Welcome Reception and Cocktail Hour
- Sarah Oliker of Conmed and Chair of MedTech’s Board of Directors, welcomes you and colleagues from across New York’s bio/med ecosphere as we gather to celebrate the year’s life sciences accomplishments.
6:30 – 8:30 pm MedTech Honors Ceremony & Dinner
- Dinner Speaker: Elizabeth Lusskin, Executive Vice President Small Business & Technology Development, Empire State Development
Wednesday, November 2, 2022
8:00 – 9:00 am Continental Breakfast and Networking
9:00 – 9:45 am Opening Remarks
- Executive Director, Win Thurlow, shares how MedTech is advancing New York’s bio/med industry and introduces our newest programs and member-exclusive benefits.
9:45 – 10:30 am Keynote: Achieving Measurable Success in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Sujata Chaudhry, Founder of Tangible Development, discusses how an integrated and holistic approach to diversity, equity and inclusion leads to increased profitability, effectiveness, and sustainable change.
10:30 – 11:00 am Networking Break
11:00 am – Noon MedTech's Advocacy Agenda 2022-2023
- Hear from our advocates in Albany and Washington and learn about our legislative and policy agenda for 2023.
- Saleem Cheeks of AngioDynamics and Chair of MedTech’s Government & Public Affairs Committee
- Roxy Kozyckyj of AdvaMed
- Kevin Quinn of Whiteman, Osterman & Hanna
Noon – 1:00 pm Lunch and Networking
1:00 – 1:45 pm Lessons from the Frontlines
- Launching a life sciences company is not for the faint hearted. Join our panel of company founders from across New York as they share the challenges they’ve overcome in building their successful companies.
- Jeff Champagne of PA Consulting, moderator
- Michelle Bonn of Compliance Team
- Matus Knoblich of Med-Stat Consulting and Glo-Med Networks
- Sujatha Ramanujan of Luminate
- J’Vanay Santos-Fabian of MyLÚA Health
1:45 – 2:15 pm Networking Break
2:15 – 3:00 pm Forging Meaningful Academic/Industry Partnerships
- Academic/Industry partnerships have the power to supercharge our innovation economy, but all too often fail to meet their lofty goals. Hear from our panel of academic and industry leaders as they share strategies and best practices to grow successful partnerships.
- Jamie Grabowski of Curia, moderator
- Joseph Chiapperi of QuidelOrtho
- Christopher Neville of Upstate Medical University
- Ron Newbold of Empire Discovery Institute
- Nicholas Querques of SUNY RF
- David Quinn of Baxter
3:00 – 3:45 pm Conquering the Investment Challenge
- Successfully connecting with the investor community is the central challenge to growing the life sciences innovation economy. Join our panel of investment experts to identify ways to increase deal flow and investment interest in New York’s bio/med industry.
- Theresa Mazzullo of Excell Partners, moderator
- Silvia Garcia Codony of New York Ventures
- Richard Honen of Phillips Lytle
- Noa Conger Simons of Upstate Capital