Lean Six Sigma Yellow BeltAdd to calendar
Wednesday, August 22, 2018 - Friday, August 24, 2018
8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Location: Rochester Institute of Technology
CQAS’s popular Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification training program is a powerful workforce development activity focused on team-based problem solving! It is built around a core group of process improvement tools designed to help you solve job-related problems more efficiently and effectively by utilizing these tools within a structured methodology.
During this highly interactive three-day program, you will apply process improvement tools on a real problem while following the first four phases of the DMAIC process: Define, Measure, Analyze, and Improve. At the end of the course, you and your teammates will craft a set of recommendations that are ready for consideration by management. Your manager or management team is encouraged to attend final presentations. Upon completion of the program, you will be certified by CQAS as a Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt.
Key area of focus
- Lean Six Sigma Enterprise Approach to Improvement. By integrating complementary concepts and tools from both the Lean and Six Sigma bodies of knowledge, you will have a more powerful toolbox to address challenging problems and generate more impactful results. You will learn about the history of each methodology and how they effectively complement each other. You will be introduced provided to the nine wastes and five stages of the DMAIC improvement process – Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control – as well as key tools associated with each stage.
- Problem Solving Process/Tools. Learn how to define a problem, determine root causes, and identify and implement strategies for improvement. These tools are designed to help teams understand a problem, organize information, and reach consensus.
- Statistical Thinking. This method of thinking treats all work as a series of connected processes, where the primary objective is to reduce process variation or unpredictability. Examples will be heavily utilized to give you a working knowledge of statistical thinking, and you will learn how to become a “process thinker” focused on reducing variation.
- 5-S and Visual Controls. Learn how to implement a sustainable 5-S program. You will learn the steps in 5-S, what a 5-S audit should look like, and then you will participate in a classroom simulation to reinforce the fundamental concept of 5-S and why it is not simply a “clean-up” program. Examples of visual controls will help you see how to apply these concepts to real-world problems and opportunities.
- Change. Improvement involves change and change is difficult for most people. We will discuss the underlying reasons for the failure of most change initiatives, and how to develop strategies to create an environment within which change can be successfully managed.
Our on-campus Yellow Belt certification program is also available as a customized contract program held program held onsite at our location. Contact us for more information.