Cannabis in New York: Opportunities for the Bio/Med IndustryAdd to calendar
Presented in partnership with Barclay Damon, LLP
Thursday, May 13, 2021
12:00 pm – 4:00 pm
New York has enacted sweeping changes to its cannabis laws that present opportunities and challenges for the state’s bio/med industry. The new laws expand the list of conditions treated by medical marijuana, increase the number of caregivers allowed per patient, and permit home cultivation of medical cannabis for patients. At the same time, federal restrictions on the use of cannabis and its components remain unchanged, limiting the development of drugs and further complicating the nation’s patchwork of cannabis regulation.
MedTech Association and our partner, Barclay Damon, spoke on all things cannabis in New York and were even joined by New York State Senator, Jeremy Cooney. We broke down the new regulatory scheme, examined the implications for companies and organizations, and offered a view into the future of cannabis medical applications. We were joined by industry leaders AMRI, Cresco Labs, and Dime Bank, and other professionals in the cannabis industry to offer their perspectives on what New York’s changes mean for the industry. It was a very timely discussion. View the full agenda below.
What Can We Expect to See in New York?
Post-MRTA Labor and Employment Considerations.
Real Time Issues with Cannabis Operators.
Barclay Damon is thrilled to announce the launch of its first podcast series, Barclay Damon Live Presents: The Cannabis Counselor, Featuring Aleece Burgio. Join Aleece Burgio each week as she highlights and breaks down topics relating to federal and state cannabis legalization and the cannabis industry in general.
- Episode 1: Cannabis Regulation Taxation Act (CRTA)
- Episode 2: CRTA Amendments
- Episode 3: Marijuana Regulation Taxation Act (MRTA)
- Episode 4: Hemp
- Episode 5: "New Jersey's Cannabis Legislation with Gabby Figueroa"
- Episode 6: "Zach Sarkis and Jason Klimek Discuss Delta-8, CBD, and Much More"
- Episode 7: MRTA: Deep Dive with Assembly Woman Crystal Peoples-Stokes
- Episode 8: "Banking in Cannabis, Featuring Peter Su"
- Episode 9: "Cannabis Legalization and Social Equity, Featuring NYS Senator Jeremy Cooney"
- Episode 10: "MRTA and NYS Labor and Employment Law, Featuring Chris Harrigan"
- Episode 11: Update on the MRTA
- Episode 12: Guns and Marijuana