Senior Scientist, Next Generation Sequencing
||Thursday, August 19, 2021
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly growing biotech company. Quadrant Biosciences works with top academic institutions, medical researchers and engineers to translate breakthrough findings into thoughtfully developed, scientifically sound applications. Our technology includes functional assessments and epigenetic biomarkers for neurological conditions such as concussion, autism spectrum disorder, and Parkinson’s disease. Quadrant Biosciences was recently highlighted on CNN, NPR, Bloomberg, and Huffington Post for its groundbreaking work.
Quadrant Biosciences is seeking an experienced Senior Scientist with expertise in Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) to support various R&D and clinical projects.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Execute complex molecular biology protocols, specifically RNA-seq library preparation, operation and maintenance of sequencing instrumentation, and nucleic acid quality assessment.
- Work closely with members of the clinical/bioinformatics research team to ensure proper execution of SOPs for the generation of high quality, reproducible data, timely delivery of results, and effective use of an online data management system for sample tracking and laboratory documentation.
- Advise on potential process improvements, implement new protocols to leverage emerging technologies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- High-level understanding of NGS analysis pipeline setup and execution.
- Able to understand NGS experimental design and quality control metrics.
- Advanced understanding of NGS platforms, specifically Illumina platforms, with the ability to maintain & troubleshoot NGS and related platforms.
- Expertise with basic molecular biology techniques (i.e., PCR, and qPCR) as well as nucleic acid extraction and analysis techniques (i.e., bioanalyzer, fragment analyzer, etc.).
- Ability to coordinate tasks across multiple projects, demonstrating prioritization and planning.
- Strong communication skills and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment. WORK ENVIRONMENTS AND HAZARDS
- Exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances and other conditions common to a laboratory environment.
- Requires prolonged standing, some walking and sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching, eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity, ability to distinguish letters, numbers and symbols, use of computerized instruments, computer terminals, and other equipment common to a clinical laboratory. May require lifting up to 30 pounds or more. Page 1 of 2 MGMT-3012 v0 QUALIFICATIONS
- MS in molecular biology, biochemistry, biology, genetics/genomics, or related fields with a minimum of three years of NGS experience.
View All Career Opportunities »