JOIN A TEAM COMMITTED TO IMPROVING PATIENT CARE
It takes a team of talented people to become one of the world’s leading providers of innovative medical devices.
AngioDynamics is dedicated to improving patient outcomes by focusing on the development of disruptive and differentiated technologies that address unmet patient needs and supporting professional healthcare providers around the world in the delivery of high-quality patient care.
We accomplish this through:
Our employees receive the highest level of training and endeavor to be the best and the brightest in the medical device industry.
- A Commitment to the Highest Standards of Quality
- Relentless Innovation
- Operational Excellence
We are pleased to offer a comprehensive benefit plan that supports the overall health and wellness needs of our employees and their families.
The Senior Creative Strategist is a key leadership role within the Communications Center of Excellence (CCOE) team, AngioDynamics’ in-house communications team. They will oversee the creative output and integrity of the corporate and product brands, inspiring organizational stakeholders to innovate, and think outside the box. In addition, they will be responsible for supporting design needs across the sales and marketing organization and other functions, designing for diverse formats and channels, including print, web-based and digital communications. Working closely with the business partners and the CCOE team they will balance directing the work, collaborating with key stakeholders, and the needs of the business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Translate complex messages into clean, crisp visuals that highlight the value AngioDynamics’ medical devices and technologies.
- Establish a modern, clean, bold and compelling design aesthetic that carries through all AngioDynamics’ visual elements – collateral pieces, PowerPoint slides, Website graphics, webinar creative, direct mail pieces, banner ads, infographics, social media content, posters, event signage, etc.
- Create and maintain presentations that visualize and articulate AngioDynamics’ value to discrete segments and audiences (e.g., employees, investors, new hires, business and community partners).
- Support Sales proposal/presentation needs.
- Serve as the in-house PowerPoint expert, sharing best practices and providing training to teams on use of AngioDynamics’ templates and overall PowerPoint functionality.
- Develop graphics and presentations that support industry conferences and speaking engagements, AngioDynamics events, webinars, etc.
- Update existing collateral materials used in customer, prospect, recruiting and internal communications: brochures, postcards/mailers, posters/signage, email templates, web banners/graphics, etc.
- Build and manage a network of high-quality, cost-effective external design resources to create capacity/address support needs as we scale.
- Provide direction/oversight to creative agencies to ensure consistent application of AngioDynamics’ brand identity and standards.
- Conduct in-depth creative research and exploration on each project to fully understand brand needs and challenges
- Maintain/update AngioDynamics’ brand guidelines, help to expand AngioDynamics’ image library and organize/maintain all branding assets.
- Manage external print vendors, production specifications, and color/image proofing.
- Updating brochures, fliers, posters, and event signage as well as creating graphics used on the company’s website, social media channels and other digital communications.
- Hands-on working contributor, strategist, and educator on design concepts.
- Supervise CCOE Digital Content Coordinator and review work product for alignment with creative objectives.
- Possess consistently inspirational and advanced concepting skills across all channels
- Pitch conceptual work that advances AngioDynamics’ corporate and product visual identity.
- Be responsible for overall creative excellence, including problem solving, concepting, creative strategy, quality of creative content, and impact of creative product.
- Lead effective strategic concepting sessions with senior internal client groups.
- Understand and is able to manage the delivery and implementation of brand strategies.
- Develop great design internally, and sell it to internal clients.
- Increase the overall quality of work by demonstrating how to raise the bar by taking ownership of projects and inspiring others to do the same.
- Lead the hands-on work and oversees the quality of all output.
- Focus proactively on continuous improvement and the future: new techniques, treatments and other inventive ways to tell AngioDynamics’ stories.
- Build trust-based relationships with internal clients, peers and the CCOE team.
- Work effectively under pressure, committed and confident, relentlessly energetic and positive while demonstrating an ability to be nimble.
- May perform other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Level of Degree in the graphic design or related field of study
- 5 years of demonstrated experience in a graphic design role in a corporate or agency setting
- No Certifications Required
- Representative portfolio will be required for review that demonstrates an excellent understanding of the principles of design; typography, color, imagery, composition, systems structures, visual hierarchy and interface design.
- Demonstrates creative and analytical skills. High attention to detail.
- Ability to think creatively and translate marketing strategy to create visual concepts and conceive layouts for useful and memorable marketing and communication design.
- Advanced proficiency in Adobe CS5 or higher (particularly Acrobat, InDesign, Photoshop & Illustrator) and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of UX dependencies for web design a plus
- Executional problem solver and innovator with the ability to take responsibility and deliver results.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent communications skills (written and oral).
- A team player: capable of working effectively with individuals throughout the organization.
- Highly creative: able to translate complex concepts into simple graphics and visuals.
- Self-directed: able to operate under pressure and manage multiple projects under deadlines.
- High-energy, can-do attitude: thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job:
- Work safely and follow all OSHA regulations and company safety policies and procedures.
- For all on-the-job injuries or accidents, must notify manager/supervisor immediately.
- Exposure to standard office environment
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 15 lbs.
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to regularly sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- This position requires some travel up to 10% of the time.