Curia provides global contract research and manufacturing services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
The Research Scientist in Microspectroscopy is an integral part of the Curia team, contributing to our success by being part of the most trusted provider of drug discovery, development and manufacturing services for pharmaceutical and biotech innovators. To accomplish this, we provide exceptional scientific expertise and maintain relationships with customers by providing service that goes above and beyond. Having the right people on our team is critical to this mission.
Join our talented workforce, where a commitment to excellence and a customer focused attitude is a priority. We pursue excellence because our work has the power to improve patients’ lives with the pharmaceuticals we develop and manufacture.
We are currently recruiting for a highly motivated Research Scientist/Senior Research Scientist in our microscopy group at our West Lafayette, Indiana facility who can oversee the microscopy group that primarily supports solid state analysis of drugs, drug products, drug delivery devices, and wide variety of other materials. The incumbent will lead a diverse team of microscopists and will efficiently manage scientific efforts and resources to ensure the attainment of objectives in a timely manner. The Research Scientist/Senior Research Scientist must effectively communicate with the site personnel and customers with the highest professional standards.
In this role, you will:
- Develop and utilize characterization techniques to support drug substance and drug product development.
- Provide expertise and timely support for microscopy/microspectroscopy techniques, which will include but is not limited to SEM, EDS, infrared microspectroscopy, Raman microscopy, and micro-XRF.
- Independently perform hands-on experimental work utilizing the above instruments.
- Comply with all cGMP and safety requirements, laboratory SOPs, and company policies and procedures.
- Provide project oversight, client interactions, and expert scientific consulting
- Develop and write analytical methods and operating procedures according to specific sample or testing requirements.
- Maintain microscopy instrumentation/equipment per written GMP procedures to ensure optimal operations and quality data generation.
- Technically interact with in-house scientific experts and internal/external clients as appropriate.
- Prepare well-written scientific reports, proposals, and internal documents.
- Demonstrate flexibility in organizing work and priorities for delivering on client timelines.
- Possess excellent decision making skills to identify and solve work-related issues.
- Master’s degree in Analytical Chemistry, Chemistry, or related science field with relevant laboratory experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years of related laboratory work experience in a pharmaceutical environment; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Expertise in microspectroscopy, microscopy (light, hot-stage, or SEM/EDS)
- Critical thinking and problem solving abilities
- Experience with current analytical techniques, design and troubleshooting of experiments, and interpretation of data
- Excellent communication skills are required, as is a high level of independence and the ability to handle multiple projects
- Ability to lead, and develop a group of scientists
- cGMP pharmaceutical laboratory hands on experience
- Various analytical instrumentation, especially those used in a solid state chemistry laboratory such as XRPD, TG, DSC, FT-IR, Raman, KF, and DVS