Principal Scientist, Toxicology
||Tuesday, August 31, 2021
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities include:
Serve as a GLP Study Director / Project Leader
- Schedule studies
- Communicate and coordinate with customers regarding study planning, results and reporting
- Communicate and coordinate with subcontractors and outside vendors supporting studies
- Coordinate study tasks
- Review and approve raw data and reports
- Write protocols and reports
Serve as a consultant to clients
- Be considered a subject matter expert in a specific area within toxicology, related to medical devices, pharmaceuticals or ophthalmic products
Other primary responsibilities include:
- Perform and/or develop both standard and complex laboratory test methods
- Train other staff on standard and complex methods
- Lead programs within the department
- Provide data trending and analysis across the department
- Perform method development and validation for equipment or processes
- May directly supervise one or more employees in Operations. Responsibilities may include assisting with interviewing, training employees, directing work and appraising performance.
- Provide training for technical staff, serve as mentor
- Participate in supplier, customer, and regulatory audits
- Participate in scientific conferences
- May participate in company-wide teams
- May participate in regulatory committees and regulatory filings
- May participate in leadership roles for external committees
- All other duties as assigned by management
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in science with 8 years of experience or Master's Degree with 5 years of experience or PhD with 3 years of experience. Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) adept at database management/queries.
- Must be able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with management, co workers and clients. Read and comprehend work instructions/SOPs and protocols and write clear, concise reports.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and manipulate equations involving exponential and logarithmic functions. Must be able to use metric.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Ability to analyze, interpret and draw conclusions from data and exhibit problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit and walk, use hands to manipulate objects or controls, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift and\or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, color, and peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Combination of office and laboratory settings (with typical laboratory risks) where moderate noise levels may exist.
View All Career Opportunities »