||Thursday, August 19, 2021
||Syracuse & Buffalo, NY
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly growing biotech company. Quadrant Biosciences works with top academic institutions, medical researchers and engineers to translate breakthrough findings into thoughtfully developed, scientifically sound applications. Our technology includes functional assessments and epigenetic biomarkers for neurological conditions such as concussion, autism spectrum disorder, and Parkinson’s disease. Quadrant Biosciences was recently highlighted on CNN, NPR, Bloomberg, and Huffington Post for its groundbreaking work.
The Molecular Technologist will perform tasks to serve a high throughput testing laboratory.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Follow clinical laboratory testing procedures and policies in the performance of routine and specialized tests.
- Identify the source and nature of test problems and make appropriate recommendations.
- Apply scientific methods in problem solving and assist in evaluation of new methods and techniques. ● Assure that quality control criteria are met and adhere to established laboratory policies in handling hazardous substances.
- Record necessary documentation to comply with various agency regulations.
- Perform required instrument maintenance at the prescribed time and log appropriately.
- Assure a clean work area and technical clean-up at the end of each shift.
- Assist in maintaining sufficient supplies at each workstation.
- Assist in development and evaluation of new procedures and protocols.
- Demonstrate the ability to make technical decisions regarding testing and problem solving.
- Deliver quality patient care while maintaining efficiency.
- Support the receipt and processing of laboratory specimens according to department procedures and protocols.
- Support the verification of specimen information and ensuring specimen integrity while performing processing duties and preparing specimens for testing.
- Adheres to laboratory safety practices to include knowledge and proper use of PPE where indicated.
- Ensure confidentiality of all patient information.
- Practice within the scope of professional competence.
- Schedule flexibility to ensure lab demand is met with the potential to work overtime. Alternative days and/or evening shifts may be needed.
- Participates in continuing education (CE) programs when available.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to have good attention to detail.
- Great team player who is collaborative and positive.
- Maintain and display professional behavior that is appropriate to the situation.
- Ability to clearly communicate.
- Demonstrates ability to effectively manage multiple tasks utilizing organization and prioritization skills, self-motivated.
- Accuracy of work with acceptable error rate.
- Understanding of CLIA, CLEP, CAP regulations.
- Strong interpersonal, written/oral communication and problem solving skills.
- Must wear PPE at all times; to keep our staff protected.
WORK ENVIRONMENTS AND HAZARDS
Exposure to communicable diseases, bloodborne pathogens, toxic substances and other conditions common to a healthcare environment.
- Requires prolonged standing, some walking and sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching, eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity, ability to distinguish letters, numbers and symbols, use of computerized instruments, computer terminals, and other equipment common to a clinical laboratory. May require lifting up to 30 pounds or more.
- Bachelor's degree in Medical Lab Sciences or related field.
- 1-3+ years of clinical laboratory experience.
- Molecular and COVID testing experience a plus.
View All Career Opportunities »